Are you having friends over for dinner? Surprise your guests this Soul Food Sunday with our simply delicious Coconut Rice recipe! This simple combination of coconut, rice and spices brings a rich taste and aroma to the dinner table – and will certainly have your guests asking for more!
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
5 green chillies
1 medium green bell pepper; chopped
1 tsp. salt
2 seasoning cubes
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 medium sized onion; chopped
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. chopped ginger
2 tsp. ground crayfish
2 large coconuts or 3 cups coconut milk
3 cups long grain rice
1 cup chicken stock
- If you’re using fresh coconuts, crack it open and separate the softer inner part from the hard shell using a small knife.
- Chop the coconuts into tiny bits and then put it in a blender with a few cups of warm water. Blend for about 6 min.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a small sieve and drain the milk. Apply pressure to make sure you squeeze all the milk out. You can add more warm water to the coconut shaft and drain again.
- Next, parboil your rice by cooking for about 10 min., then take it off the cooker and run cold water through it. Repeat until the rice cools down. Now place in a colander and drain. Set aside.
- Heat a pot and add coconut oil to help intensify the flavour. Add onion, chopped pepper, ginger, garlic and all the spices (except crayfish). Sauté for 5 min.
- Add your pre-made coconut milk and parboiled rice, and then add the chicken stock. Cook for 15–20 min. Make sure you have enough coconut milk so that you can add more to the rice if it dries out.
- Once the rice is almost done, add the crayfish. Mix it together and allow to simmer.
Culled from sisiyemmie.
“I’m blaming Harry for this” Meghan Markle’s dad slams Harry for not asking him for daughter’s hand in marriage and says Meghan’s been “lying for years” “I Thomas Markle Sr. has hit out at Prince Harry and his daughter Meghan Markle, calling Meghan a liar. The 77-year-old, who has never met son-in-law Harry or his grandchildren, said he was “surprised” that Harry has never made an effort with him and blamed the prince for his and his daughter’s relationship breakdown. He also claims the Duke of Sussex, 36, never asked him for his daughter’s hand in marriage. “I’m blaming Harry for this mostly,” he said. “Harry has this saying: If you look at the paparazzi, you’re done. “I’m surprised Harry never bothered to come and visit me, or ask for my daughter’s hand in marriage.” “I Speaking about his hospitalisation before Harry and Meghan’s wedding after he suffered a heart attack, Thomas continued: “I was lying in hospital, talking to them from hospital, telling them I couldn’t come to the wedding and they haven’t talked to me since. “You’re a parent and your child’s in hospital, wouldn’t you be concerned if they live or die? They don’t answer or respond in any way shape or form.” Thomas also claimed that Harry has “changed” the way his daughter behaves. He said: “”She’s changed, she’s not the daughter I knew. My daughter was a much more loving person than she is now.” Thomas went on to call Meghan a liar over some of her claims in the Sussexes explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey in March. He said: “She’s been lying for years. She’s been lying on and off over different things for years, lying about the Archbishop? How can you lie about the Archbishop? “How can you say we got married three days before the wedding when they didn’t?” “I don’t know if he’s the one behind it, but I really think that Harry and some of her friends have changed her. I love my daughter, but I don’t always like what they’re doing,” he added