Fire guts former Oyo First lady, Florence Ajimobi’s supermarket



Fire on Sunday, gutted a section of the supermarket belonging to the wife of late former governor of Oyo State, Mrs. Florence Ajimobi.


The supermarket known as Grandex Stores located at Bodija, Ibadan, was said to be on fire at about 3:00 pm on Sunday afternoon, as a result of an electrical surge from the back of the store which later got out of hands, turned into a wildfire and spread to the main building.


The Deputy Director, Oyo State Fire Service, Moshood Adewuyi, who confirmed the incident in a statement, said that the timely intervention of the state’s firefighters prevented the store from burning into ashes,


He disclosed that the fire destroyed some sections of the store and damaged a lot of goods stored inside.


Mrs. Florence Ajimobi, and other top government officials in the late Abiola Ajimobi’s cabinet were present at the scene of the incident, he added.



Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More