Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could be asked to present Emmy Award, source says

0

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could be invited to present an award at the televised Emmys ceremony next month, it is reported.

TV executives are said to be keen for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to attend the event in Los Angeles, where Oprah Winfrey is nominated for her bombshell interview with the couple.

The Netflix Royal Family drama The Crown and Disney’s Star Wars spin-off The Mandalorian are tied for the most Emmy nominations with 24 nods each.

The main ceremony is being held on September 19 with Us actor and comedian Cedric the Entertainer serving as host.

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry posing for the camera: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex make an official visit to the Joff Youth Centre in Peacehaven, SussexMeghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex make an official visit to the Joff Youth Centre in Peacehaven, Sussex

A source told the Sun that Emmy bosses could invite Meghan, who turned 40 on Wednesday, and Harry, 36, to present an award.

The source, who wasn’t named, said: “The Sussexes are in high demand – it would be their first red carpet appearance since Megxit and their full-time Californian move.

“Certainly, there would be a VIP invite for them from Netflix at its evening celebration event.

“Netflix knows that shots of them with big Hollywood names would be huge PR.”

Oprah is nominated for Outstanding Hosted Nonfiction Series or Special for her explosive interview with the Sussexes.

Meghan’s father, Thomas Markle Snr, a former lighting director, shared two Daytime Emmy Awards for his work as a lighting director on the soap opera General Hospital.

Meghan and Harry, who signed lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify, welcomed their second child, a baby girl named Lilibet Diana, in June.

Their other projects include a children’s book written by Meghan, an Apple TV programme with Oprah and a book deal for Harry, who revealed he is writing a memoir that will be an “accurate and wholly truthful” account of his life.

It will cover his lifetime in the public eye, including his time in the military, marriage and fatherhood.

Harry, who turns 37 next month, said the memoir, to be published by Penguin Random House, will be written “not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become”.

“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.

“I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a first hand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”

The book is expected to be released in late 2022.

FIRST BANK ADVERT
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More