2 year old girl found dead at home by her sister after drinking toilet cleaner.


                                   2 year old girl died after drinking toilet cleaner at home before being found by sister

A two year old girl, Arietta-Grace Barnett, died after she drank toilet cleaner, a very poisonous household product, an inquest into her cause of death heard on Tuesday, June 30.

Arietta-Grace Barnett was at home when she ingested the product and was found by her sister. She was then rushed by her sister to Southampton General Hospital.

She returned home four days later after receiving treatment but suffered a nose bleed and began vomiting blood six days later then she died after she was rushed to the same hospital again.

The sad incident happened in June last year, Portsmouth Coroners Court heard today.


Her parents Lucy Cook and Scott Barnett attended the preliminary opening of the inquest according to the Sun UK.

Area coroner for Hampshire, Portsmouth and Southampton, Rosamund Rhodes-Kemp said:  (she) ingested toilet cleaner.

very sadly Arietta-Grace Barnett suffered a nose bleed and then she started vomiting blood.

“She was taken back to hospital but unfortunately it was not possible to save her.”


The family reportedly wants a full inquest so Coroner Rhodes-Kemp has said the date and location of the full inquest, which will take two days, is yet to be determined.


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More