- Ndole- At the top of my favorite Cameroonian food is Ndole. Oh yes! And it’s rumored to be the un-official Cameroon National dish . 2. Poulet D. G – Forget about le Directeur General (boss) .Anyone can make this Elitist Chicken dish . It’s now available in every restaurant in Cameroon. 3. Ekwang – It might be tedious to make but it sure worth the effort .Magic happens when grated cocoyams in cocoyam leaves and cook in with dried fish , crayfish and palm oil . I dare you to resist going back for more.
4. Achu soup a very controversial dish . You need the just the right technique to get in going in less than no time .
5.Sese plantains aka turning plantains- This is a life saver in my home. Everyone loves it and so easy to put together.6. Accra Banana- Nothing better than a two ingredient recipe right? Comes together quickly with store bought grated cassava. . Check out this other whole wheat accra here 7. Add this Hot pot potatoes to your weeknight menu. With just a list of few ingredients you can have dinner ready in less than no time all cooked in one Pot.
9. Jollof Rice aka Jellof Rice -Forget about the Jollof rice wars. Head over to the kitchen and make this easy version and let the haters fight while you eat .
10. Kati Kati -Brace yourself you are going to forget all your manners when it comes to this chicken. And eat the bones too! No worries I don’t judge.
11. Egusi Soup with Cabbage- This egusi is made with Cabbage and nonetherless delicious and healthier too!
12. Meat Pie– Who can say No to these Flaky pastry filled with minced beef, onions and aromatics. They disappear before you know it .
13. Koki Corn- Who says African Can’t be healthy? This Koki corn is vegan , healthy and loaded with spinach. 14. Mbongo Chobi- Get ready your plantains and put aside all preconceptions about this black soup. The flavors all blend together and you will forget about the looks once you dig in. 15. Kwacoco Bible– Cocoyams grated , fortified with fish , crayfish wrapped in plantain leaves, steamed until cooked through. This will take you to the heart of the Bakweri tribe . Get the recipe here
16. Groundnut Sweet- You will go NUTS for these nuts . A must try street food. 15. Chicken Stew- Everyone needs a good stew in their repertoire , especially for Christmas. This doesn’t disappoint .
16. Pepper Sauce -There are as many different Pepper Sauce in Cameroon as there are cooks. Put this on EVERYTHING
17. kondres- Don’t let the ingredient list fool you―this one pot plantain wander is quick to put together and leave your taste buds wanting more .
18. Eru- All you need is water fufu then you are all set for this taste bud sensation.
20. Condensed milk cake- Not a traditional Cameroon recipe but one that you Must have try. It’s indulgent , quick and easy.